Following the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and its implementation on 25th May 2018, maintaining the security of your data is a priority for Gemcal Ltd, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We undertake to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. We are also dedicated to being transparent about what personal data and we collect from you and how we may use such information.
This privacy notice aims to explain the types of personal data that Gemcal Ltd may collect about you when you interact with us whether you visit our offices, contact us by phone, email or when you visit our website. It also aims to explain how we will process, share and keep your data.
We hope this information will answer any questions you have, but if you still have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly.
As this notice may need to be updated from time to time, we will inform you if there are any significant changes.
We gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Why do we collect your personal data;
We may collect and process your personal data for a number of reasons. These reasons include:
- so that we may comply with any legal obligation we have;
- in order to comply with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract with you;
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- where you have consented to the processing of your personal data;
- this includes, but is not limited to, information provided by you and third party providers;
- when you/they contact us in person, over the telephone, by e-mail or by post;
- when you apply for a job vacancy with us
Our Legitimate Interests
The normal legal aim and basis for processing personal data, is that it must be necessary for the legitimate interests of Gemcal Ltd, including:
- protecting clients, employees and other individuals and maintaining their health, safety and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our services;
- understanding our client’s instructions, activities, preferences and needs;
- improving existing services and developing;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling client contacts, queries or disputes;
- protecting Gemcal Ltd, its employees and clients, by taking appropriate legal action against third-parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Gemcal Ltd; and fulfilling our duties to our clients, employees and Director.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose or share your personal data without your knowledge, unless we are required to do so by law.
We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Unless we notify you, we will not process your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), as it is currently defined.
Detailed below are examples of when we would collect, process and in some cases, share your personal data:
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- to verify your identity;
- to process job applications;
- to process and manage your instructions;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to monitor customer satisfaction;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
Where you have consented to us providing you with our services, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
In the event of any legal investigations, we may be required by law, to share the data captured with the relevant authorities.
How long will we keep your data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
How we will share your data
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
We use trusted third-parties to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We may disclose your information to third parties if:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- in order to apply or enforce our contracts with you; or
- to protect our rights, property, or our safety and/or the safety of our employees, our clients, or others.
We may also disclose your information to represented parties to proceedings to fulfill directions as ordered by the court. These third parties may include (but not limited to):
- Solicitor Advocates;
- Professional Experts;
- Other Parties in Proceedings;
- The Legal Aid Agency;
- The Law Society;
- Payroll Accounts;
- Pension Regulators;
- Private Medical Company;
- Police Disclosure Unit
What are your rights over your personal data
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you.
- The purposes of the processing.
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed to.
- How long we intend to store your personal data for.
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
If you would like your personal data to be removed or the use to be amended, you have the right to request:
- your personal data to be erased (deleted) from our records;
- the use / processing of your personal data to be restricted in accordance with data protection laws;
- to opt-out of any direct marketing from us (this can be done in a number of ways and will depend on the marketing you are receiving. Please see the marketing material for how to unsubscribe);
- to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
We will inform you if your request is possible under current regulations and inform you to what extent your request has been processed. Where we are under legal obligation to retain your information, we will clarify the requirements around the extent of data as well as the duration we will continue to hold your personal data.
If you would like to make a request around the processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com
By submitting an online form on our website you consent to be added to our newsletter. We will send you special offers and product news from our range of business brands. We will not sell or pass your email address to any external businesses or third parties. You can unsubscribe from any email marketing by following the links in the footer of any of our newsletters.
Further details, Questions, or Complaints
We hope we have provided you sufficient of information around the processing of your personal data that we undertake and the rights you have over it, however if you have any additional questions or would like more details around any of the points listed above, please contact our team:
181 Forest Road, Hainault, Essex. IG6 3HZ
Tel 0203 507 1675